Youtube is the second largest social network today, with more than 2 billion users worldwide. That is why, over the years, it has become increasingly complicated to become a youtuber, due to the large number of competitors.
Monetize YouTube and start making money on the platform is not impossible. To make the process easier, we explain the steps you have to follow.
How do you make money on YouTube?
You have to keep in mind that in Youtube you do not charge for the number of views, but you get a commission for including advertisers’ ads in your videos.
That is YouTube’s main source of revenue, although there are also other ways to generate revenue, such as:
- Channel members
- Affiliate Marketing
However, in order to allow ads in videos, you must first meet a series of requirements and be part of the Partner Program. More details on how to do this are provided below.
5 steps to start monetizing YouTube
1. Create a YouTube account
Obviously, the first step to make money on YouTube is to create an account on this platform.
It is very important know Youtube’s algorithm to know how to get the most out of your channel.
Even if you don’t get paid for the views of your videos directly, the income you will get is related to the number of views and subscribers.
2. Achieve the requirements to monetize
To start monetizing on your YouTube channel you must follow these 5 steps:
- Check if the Partner Program is available in your country (here you have the complete list).
- Be over 18 years old.
- Get 1,000 subscribers on YouTube.
- Achieve 4,000 watch hours.
- Comply with YouTube’s community guidelines.
At Amedia Social we help you meet these requirements to accelerate the monetization process. Check the list of YouTube services to grow your channel.
WARNING! Keep in mind (when you start monetizing) that if you do not publish content on your channel for more than 6 months, your monetization may be disabled.
3. Join the Partner Program
Once you meet the requirements, the next step is to join the Partner Program, which will allow you to add ads to your videos. How do I apply to become a YouTube partner? Follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your YouTube account
- Go to YouTube Studio by clicking on your profile image in the upper right-hand corner
- Select the Monetization section from the left menu
- If you have met the requirements, select Review Partner Program Terms and click Get Started.
- Accept the terms of the Program.
4. Link your AdSense account
Now that you are part of the Partner Program, the goal is to collect the money you generate from video ads. This is accomplished through a Google AdSense account. You must link that account to your YouTube channel.
Follow these steps:
- Go to YouTube Studio by clicking on your profile picture
- Select the Monetization section
- Click on the Sign up with Google AdSense card and follow the steps below.
- Click START
- At one point in the process, you will need to enter your YouTube password.
5. Allow ads in your videos
Last but not least, you must allow advertisers to show their advertising in your videos. You can allow it in a specific video or in all the videos of the channel.
Follow these steps:
- Go to YouTube Studio by clicking on your profile image.
- Select the Monetization section from the menu on the left.
- Check that it is activated.
WE HELP YOU MONETIZE YOUR CHANNEL!
Now that you have followed all the steps to monetize your channel and start making money, it’s time to grow. At Amedia Social we help you make the leap withYouTube subscribers and watchtime.
Become a youtuber and enjoy your profession or make your personal brand take off.