If you are an artist, maybe you know that you must have a presence on YouTube and Spotify. Those two platforms are staples for any emerging musician. However, you may never have considered opening an account on TikTok.
After all, what’s the point? If you don’t think it’s worth it, let me tell you, you’re way off track.
TikTok is a very powerful platform to make your music known, and in this article you will discover why.
Why Does Music Go Viral on TikTok?
There are countless songs that have gone viral thanks to TikTok. Some examples are:
- “Lottery (Renegade)” by K Camp.
- “Death Bed” by Powfu
- “Nonsense” by Sabrina Carpenter.
In many cases, the song goes viral thanks to the posts and dances of the tiktokers. These go viral, then the song appears in trends and… voila! The song starts playing everywhere.
When that happens, the track not only becomes popular on TikTok, but gets many more views on YouTube and multiplies its plays on Spotify.
This allows many small to medium-sized artists to become known and start earning money with their art.
How Can You Upload Music to TikTok?
However, for a song to appear in videos and go viral, it must first be on the platform. We explain the process for uploading music to TikTok:
As with Spotify, it is not possible to upload your music directly through the application. You will need to use a distributor to upload your music for you.
The distributor will not only limit itself to TikTok, but will upload it to Spotify and even Instagram, so that it can appear in posts and stories.
There are two types of distributors:
- They upload your music for free, but keep a share of the royalties.
- You pay a monthly or annual subscription to the distributor, but you keep 100% of the royalties.
Some examples of distributors are Tunecore or Distrokid.
The process is usually the same in all cases:
- We created an account with a distributor.
- We select what type of release it is: song or album.
- We upload the audio file and the covers.
- We include collaborating artists for accreditation.
- Once approved by the distributor, they are uploaded to the platforms.
Select the Appropriate Song Part
We remind you that TikTok videos last up to 60 seconds, so only a part of the song will be played. Distributors allow you to select the part of the song to be uploaded to TikTok, allowing you to select from 15 to 55 seconds.
For the song to go viral, those seconds must be the catchiest of the song. It can be the part of the chorus or the part that is most likely to hook the tiktokers.
How to Create an Artist Profile on TikTok?
An artist’s profile is like that of any other user, but with the addition of a button called ‘Music Tab’.
First of all, we remind you how to create a profile on TikTok as an artist:
- Go to TikTok
- Click on the Login button on the top bar.
- In the pop-up, select the Register option
- You can use your phone, your email or your Google account.
- Indicate your date of birth
- Enter your artist name
- You have your account! Now add a profile picture
- Add a brief description, as well as your artist links to other networks.
The Music Tab, IMPORTANT
The Music Tab is a button to display the official songs of each artist. It makes it easier for users to find your music. However, to add the music button to the profile you must have a verified account.
We review, then, the requirements to have a verified TikTok account:
- Be an active account
- Have a solid base of followers
- Have a public Pro account
- The account must have a linked e-mail address
- To have a complete profile
That being the case, you may not yet have enough TikTok followers to verify your account and add the Music Tab. Amedia Social offers you a quick solution: buy TikTok followers. This way, you will be able to verify, grow as an artist on TikTok and promote your songs.
How Can You Make Money With Your Music on TikTok?
If the song appears in a viral challenge or becomes a trend, that translates into thousands and thousands of plays on Spotify and YouTube. It is on those two platforms where you will really make money.
➜ One trick we offer you at Amedia Social is to start viralizing your content yourself. If you have managed to upload your music to TikTok, you can place a post with your trending song. You can do this by buying Views for TikTok and making the algorithm notice your post.
It’s easy, safe and fast!
Are you looking to grow your TikTok presence? Check this out
- Learn how to make money with TikTok Series
- Get more likes on TikTok with these easy tricks
- Here’s why you’re not getting likes on TikTok